Monday, February 21, 2011

I will Sing of the mercies of the Lord

Hello Friends!!


    I have been so very busy with work and family.  I have been reading my friend's blogs and enjoying the blessings of fellow adoptive families as they journey to bring their children home. In the meantime, God has answered our prayers and we have official travel dates.  God is good all of the time!  I will sing of His mercies and worship Him with all of my heart. 
    I have posted a play list with some of my favorite songs.  I will add more over time.  Today is the day that they Lord has given us and we should rejoice and be glad!  I have been very tired lately and sickness has run its course through my home.  It was during the night when my son was very sick with a stomach virus.....and we had to visit the ER for fluids that I began to think about this post.  He is all we need.....He is always there......He is never too busy.....He is listening and waiting just for us and He will never let you down.  The night that we visited the ER....was a quiet night and the waiting room was empty (AMAZING!!).  It was sitting in that hospital room in the quiet while my son was receiving his IV fluids....that I began to think about these two boys. My boys...who have not had a mother or father to grab them up in the middle of night and take them to be treated.  Tears rolled down my face as I thought about the years that have passed and no one was there to sit through a fever, wipe away a tear, pray through a hard time and cheer them on through success.  I rubbed my sweet little blond headed son and I thanked God for the blessing of being a mother even during the hard times of sickness.  I love that God is never far away...always open and ready to hear the cries of his children.   So my friend, tonight I sing of His mercies!

9 comments:

  1. I am so excited that you have travel dates. His mercies are new every day and I too am thankful that I can sit and take care of sick children or chase after them or laugh with them. What a blessing......

    ReplyDelete
  2. As we wait for our children, I often think of that very thing and pray that God would give them someone to love them and care for them until we can get them home.
    Praise the Lord for travel dates! We can't wait for the day when we can read that your boys are home with their family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited you have dates!!!!!!! So thankful for getting your boys home!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. God just has given you an amazing gift to write beautiful posts! Praying for you as you prepare to travel! can't wait to read the post that your boys are home! Janet

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited you guys have travel dates!

    I still grieve the time lost with my boys, even though I know it was out of my control. It is just sad to think of my kids being alone when they needed a mama to make it all better.

    Sending up prayers for your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not only blessed to be a momma and have two amazing boys to care for but God has placed me in a career where I can love everyone else's children and help them get better. He is so amazing in the blessings he showers down upon us. I am so excited for your growing family. I will keep you all in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow!!! i am so excited that you know WHEN you will be able to see them and bring them home!! it brings tears to my eyes!!!
    it is a true comfort to know the LORD was watching our children before we were able to care for them!! praise be to the Lord that soon your boys will be HOME with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Travel dates! It seems every time I wander over to your blog I have tears! Oh, what a God we serve!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful to hear that you finally have travel dates. Can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete