Monday, February 28, 2011

Jehovah's Strength

 "Trust ye in the Lord for ever: for in the Lord JEHOVAH is everlasting strength."
                                         Isaiah 26:4


Hello.....
    It has been a Monday!  I am overwhelmed with many tasks at work and at home preparing for my trip to Latvia.  I have lists everywhere and I have been fending off the fiery darts for weeks!  Tonight after getting everyone to bed and finally finding sometime for myself....I pick up God's word to read.  I am always amazed at God's timing.  I read the verse written above tonight after reading several different passages and those words are still ringing in my ears. JEHOVAH...everlasting strength.  I love when I read the names of our precious Lord..., but one of my favorites is JEHOVAH.  As I stated before, the fiery darts are being thrown. The author of lies and destruction often throws a pebble in the way.  We feel like it is a boulder....a mountain that cannot be overcome, but JEHOVAH is everlasting strength.  He is the master, the prince of peace, the great physician, the calm of all fears, the counselor and peacemaker.  He is the one that has protected my sons for the last 15 years.  He has fed them, clothed them and brought them to me.  He has provided the finances, the perseverance through the paperwork and the patience through the long wait.  He has comforted me through many nights of worry.  He is the one with all of the answers and He will be the one that will see us through the months ahead.  He is the one and the only one who can calm the fear that is developing in my heart.  His way is perfect.....the buckler to all of those who trust in him ...Psalm 18:30.  My friend, I place my fears at His alter.  I lift up my soul to him and I wait patiently as He prepares our home and family for the journey that awaits.  
    I am always overcome by music.  I find great peace and my heart is at worship when I am listening to praise music.  I love Michael W. Smith and the song "Let it Rain" reminds me of God's pure love.  He is faithful and true and His righteousness is amazing.  Jehovah...the strength of my life.  
    I cannot wait to see those two faces and to run and grab those boys with big hugs.  Praise God for his mighty power and His faithfulness.  I will seek him for my strength and I will not grow weary.  I will put on the full armor of His power and trust in His strength.




Love,
Penny

3 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to read a post that says we are on our way to get our boys and brothers! PRAYING that the darts will slow! Blessings! Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. ....and I can't wait to see the pictures! I can get teary just imagining them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penny,

    Did I miss the post about how Peter reacted to the news? I'd love to know!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete