Sunday, January 16, 2011

Trusting in the Unseen Hand

Hello!
    Today has been a beautiful day!  I love Sundays!  Worshipping and praising the Lord completely fills my soul.  I have always sung in our celebration choir at church, but recently have taken a break to catch my breath.  I now am able to experience the blessing from a different perspective that our music ministry provides during the worship service.  This morning especially was amazing.  I could not help the tears that welled up in my eyes as I thought of the overwhelming presence of the Holy Spirit and I prayed that David and Peter were surrounded with God's love on this day as well.
    As our choir sang this morning, I began to think about God's protection.  God's unseen hand that guides and protects... the hand that we can't see with our eyes, but with FAITH we believe is present.  I wondered how many times that unseen hand had been there to protect me from danger or to nudge me in a different direction.  The unseen hand that has protected my sons for fifteen years, and has directed these boys to my family.  The same hand that was there for Moses.....is the same hand that will be there for me! 
    As the day comes to an end, I am praising the Lord for his protection.  I haven't heard if David has been told of our family, but will pass along the news as soon as I received the email.  But for now, I am trusting in the hand of God to protect David and Peter until they are home with our family!


Love,
Penny

9 comments:

  1. Thank you for each comment! I promise that I have read every one of them. Each comment has touched our family and we are so thankful for the many blessings that have been sent our way. I am praying that God will do a mighty work in each of our lives. To those of you currently on the adoption journey.....I am with you through the ups and downs! And to those who have completed your adoptions....thank you for opening your homes to those in need!
    Love,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so thankful for your heart. I passed on the info about Davids to everyone I know. We are in the process of adopting from Ethiopia so my heart is broken for orphans. May God bless your journey and I can't wait to follow it!!

    Mandie Cantrell
    www.nowthatweknow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless you and your family! Davids story broke my heart and I couldn't stop thinking about him!! God is so good....what a wonderful family he will now have. We adopted our daughter from Russia in May and made a donation to help you all bring Davids home. Can't wait to follow your journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your posts! Your passion for Christ is contagious, and right now my heart is dry...thank you so much for sharing your joy in the LORD!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Renae,

    Thank you for your sweet comment! I promise you.....I have been without "rain" many times in my life! Just look to the sky and the Lord will provide all you need. God is good even in the valley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Needed that word today about God's hand. We don't think of it that way that the same God that was near Moses is the same God that draws near to us when we draw near to Him...thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband and I are sitting in China waiting to go meet our son, we leave in an hour....we have been following Davids story so close, he touched me SO deeply! We are so anxious and excited all the emotions that go with waiting to meet your child and I decided to see if there was news about Davids, and when I checked Lisa blog and saw about you...it is truly the cherry on top of this already magnificent Godly day...the water works are just crazy!!! I will be following your journey!!! and here is ours!

    http://onemoremakes4.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. THANK YOU for continuing to share in this journey to David and Peter! The way in which God protected David and guided you to both of your sons has given me a huge reminder that He really is in control AT ALL TIMES! Even when we cannot see Him moving or working on our behalf behind the scenes! We are amidst adoption in Ethiopia, awaiting our referral, and your story reminds me not to fret. It's not like we are going to miss out on THE child or children He intended for us! He is orchestrating all the necessary details, even when there seems to be no movement, HE IS MOVING! I look forward to following your journey to your boys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been praying hard all day, thinking that today was the day that David would hear of his family. It has just been grieving my spirit to think that while so many of us are celebrating here, he didn't even know that a celebration was in order. I am praying for Peter, too.....for them to attach well to each other as well as your family. What a journey has already been taken, and how much more there is to come!

    ReplyDelete